A little bit of TLC for old buildings.........
Throughout the country are numerous old buildings, some 300 to 400 years old or more. Our philosophy is to care for these old buildings by using tried and tested materials and craftsmanship to ensure they are handed down and enjoyed by those who come after us for many more years to come.
We are conservationists who's aim is to repair rather than replace in order to retain those subtle and fragile qualities associated with the fabric of old and historic buildings.
Whether you have a need to maintain an old building or you have taken on a major project, wether you need to repair an old lath and plaster ceiling or care for your stone or brickwork our true love for old buildings can help.
An overview to our work is as follows:
- Brickwork through all periods from single brick replacement to major rebuilds
- Lime mortar pointing for either brick or stone. Small areas to complete facades including tuck pointing.
- Lime Plastering including high end three coat work
- External lime renders
- Stone and brick repair
- Damp solutions without the need for costly and ineffective chemical injections
- Limecrete flooring
- Walling either dry stone or mortared
- Project management
- Sympathetic new build projects